Last weekend, we were invited to our friends' place to celebrate their little girl's first birthday. I am not reviewing a restaurant nor am writing about their hospitality but it was one of the few times where - I think- I enjoyed myself even more than my kids did. For this reason I decided to share with you the time spent around the buffet. It was clearly proven today that you can organize a good birthday party for kids while keeping their parents in mind. Offering tasty food and drinks will allow parents to have a good time while the kids have fun playing around. Today's buffet was out of this world, prepared to the utmost perfection with awesome ingredients. I enjoyed every bite, one more than the next. A long rectangular buffet table filled with the best available out there. Every bite transported me into another dimension. I was happy, smiling and talking out loud about each and every bite while guests were looking at me not understanding why I was that excited. On the table, richly filled platters ordered from my favourite producers:
- Kebbe from Ghattas
- Pain Au Lait from Dfouni
- Two cakes from Noura
- Cupcakes from Cocoa&Co
- Brownies from Cocoa&Co
- Lollipops from Cocoa&Co
- Mini burgers from Noura
- Pain surprise in a shape of a turtle from Noura
- Ice cream from Taanayel
- Ghattas' Kebbe are all very tasty. Four different varieties (Potato kebbe, Pumpkin with vegetables, minced meat, pumpkin with walnuts) each enjoyed cold with a fresh taste as if they were produced the same minute
- Three different cupcakes from Cocoa&Co: The lime green cupcake with the blue bird on top is vanilla flavored and glazed with fondants. The bird is hand-sculpted from sugar paste. This one was my least favourite, I would have preferred if the cake was a bit more moist.
- The Red Velvet Cupcake: I enjoyed that one. Red velvet cakes have specific ingredients in common: white vinegar, buttermilk and baking soda; the reaction of the vinegar to the buttermilk is said to better reveal the red in the cocoa powder. Today's was fluffy, moist, with a hint of chocolate, and was all kinds of delicious. The frosting could have been a little less sweet, in my opinion. A bunny on top is made of vanilla sable.
- The pink cupcake is strawberry-flavored, filled with jam and topped with light pink butter-cream and a sugar paste flat bird! Yum! This was my favourite one. I loved it!
- Lollipops are actually Oreo truffles dipped in white chocolate! Interesting idea...
- Dfouni's Pain Au Lait, were divided into two platters: (Ham, pickles, butter) and (Cheese, cucumber, mayonnaise). The Pain Au Lait, small like two joined fingers is simply clean and clear. All ingredients are used adequately making it beautiful to look at, non oily, non powdery, non watery, non chewy and non sticky. Dfouni's Pain au Lait are one of the best out there.
- Pain Surprise: A big piece of bread having the shape of a turtle and filled with dozens of sandwiches set up in a castle form. It reminded me of my childhood days.
- Noura: One of the oldest and most renowned pastry shops in Lebanon, is still considered one of the best cakes producers in the country. The cakes were exquisite.
Categories: Tasty Discoveries