It starts behind the automatic door, this grey door located at the end of JFK terminal 1 under a large logo of Air France. A clean and neat access to a spacious relaxation saloon... The door opened.
Behind the door is a spacious space I wasn't expecting to see. A two level lounge feeling neat and fresh, clean and well maintained. New chairs colors, a welcoming desk and the Clarins lounge for your special spa treatments.
I was welcomed into this huge space and couldn't stop taking pictures... The first impression:
- Chairs and sofas are grey, red and white colors I wasn't used to in Europe.
- Buffets offer food, a dinner menu and not only snacks.
- The Air France logo takes over the white wall of the Atrium between first and second floor.
The lounge's sections:
- On the first floor is he Air France press next to the entrance with a wide selection of local and international magazines.
- Up front is the main seating area with chairs surrounding the round tables.
- Around that area with a view on the airport are the private saloons with different sofas made of red, white and grey leather distinctively.
- Butternut squash soup
- Mushrooms soup
- Cup of chicken noodle soup
- Cup of shrimp noodles soup
- An assortment of sandwiches
- Smoked salmon
- Grilled chicken breast
- Basmati rice
- Stir-fried Chinese noodles
- Sun dried tomato risotto
- Creamy mushroom sauce
- Pomodoro tomato sauce
- Caesar salad
- French and poppy seeds rolls with multigrain bread
- Chocolate cake
- Blueberry muffins
- Orange, apple and cranberry juices
- Assortment of cheeses
I was not in the mood of eating but couldn't stop myself of indulging into a fine Nespresso coffee and a Milano dark chocolate cookie which I loved.
The fridges were all packed up with drinks and sparkling water as well as Dole canned juices. A selection of wines of which Chateau Tour Puyblanquet, Saint-Emilion and the vodkas one would expect.
A printer and fax are also available.
Enjoyed the freshness of this lounge and the food options it offers. Loved the individual lights over every table and the wide leather seats God to sleep and relax. The Clarins Spa is an option to consider as well.
It was time for boarding. I was so excited to enjoy the cocoon seat of the new "Best" planes onboard Boeing 777.