CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Sofitel Le Louise Brussels: A Professional Luxurious Stay
Down near the lobby is the dining area. A shocking space at first, which looks like a nightclub with its black carpets, marble tables and black leather sofas painted grey, red glasses, decorative sparkling paintings and chandeliers. Black placemats, black curtains, a red wall... Too much for a breakfast setup.
One hundred people fit inside this small square room and its low ceiling. The tables sit close to each other barely leave space to walk between them. The first impression is frustrating. I expected a high ceiling, fresh colors, a classical music background, freshness in a bigger space.
The buffet is divided into three sections: Hot plates, fruits, cold cuts and salmon along with the bread island.
The many choices available today:
- Dry fruits
- Six choices of cereals
- Crepes and waffles
- Roasted potatoes
- Tomatoes and mushrooms
- Poultry sausages
- Biscuits and vegetables in cups
- Fruit of the month in individual cups
- Freshly cut fruits in individual cups
- The cheese platter
- Cold cuts
- Fresh juices
- Bread selection by Yves Guns for Sofitel Le Louise
There were no eggs on display so you'd have to order them, as they are prepared a la minute. We had the scrambled eggs with cheese and ham, beautifully presented on a rectangular plate and decorated with a roast tomato on top. Perfectly cooked, melting cheese, small pieces of ham, salt and pepper. Great eggs.
Sunny side up, fresh and hot, they were as good as you'd expect. A bit oily, but enjoyable despite the chewiness of the bacon, which I believe should be crispy like a biscuit.
On the second day, I had the smoked salmon again which was great, as well as an omelet, juicy and oil-free, the selection of bread was exquisite along with a bowl of cereals mixed with nuts and fresh fruits. Two double espressos for a positive start to the day and we were ready to go.
The little details I liked:
- Fresh fruit in individual cups is interesting and clean.
- The plates are generously filled.
- The choices of muesli with dried fruits put a smile on my face.
- The croissants are very good, flaky and fresh.
- The coffee was cold, so you better order a fresh espresso which is very well done.
- I’d add eggs Benedict on the menu
A flavorful breakfast, despite the space, which is claustrophobic.