CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Tasting Brgr. Co's New Gourmet Burgers (Restaurant Closed)
With two branches already, one in Souk Beirut and the other in the heart of London, Brgr.Co has opened another branch in ABC Achrafieh. A close copy to Brgr.Co to the one in Downtown Beirut, expect to enjoy the same food offerings.
Professional waiters welcome you in a space of concrete floors. Filling the place are round dark wood tables surrounded by black leather chairs, while a long bench takes over the entire wall.
Every table is decorated with a selection of sauces; ketchup, mustard and chili sauce. Nice music plays in the background and TV screens keeps you entertained. My personal favorite is the open kitchen.
Let's go directly to the food part. I ordered my favorites like always, the Butcher's Cut Burger, the Fried Veggy Crisps, the Parmesan Truffle Fries, their simple hotdog, the sloppy Joe and a diet coke.
Yeah, with all this food, I love to order a diet coke and I'm happy they don't serve Pepsi.
- I started with the burger, a bun, a super fluffy bun dotted with a chunk of meat, I say meat because it's pure Australian Augus beef, no bread crumbs, no sauces, no gooeyness, no elasticity... Simply meat, ground beef seasoned with salt and pepper; that's how a burger should be. The bun, lightly battered crunches gently in style while your teeth grandpas the meat in pure finesse. I personally love it! Can you add more salt and pepper chef?
- Now for the Sloppy Joe, a dream sandwich, ground beef filling a brioche bun. With no added vegetables or condiments, it is simply ground beef in a fluffy bun. I love the texture; I love the quality of the meat and enjoyed so much the sweetness... Yummy!
- Truffles fries, thinly cut fries floating in cheese sauce and sprinkled with Parmesan and truffle oil. Lovely crispy fries with an intense truffle aroma, the cheese melting in your tongue, the different tastes and flavors... It's awesome!
- Hotdog: a thin envelop tears apart to reveal the tasty meat inside, a thick layer of yellow cheddar cheese melting on top, a fluffy brioche bun... Add mustard and enjoy! The hotdog quality is great and the bun as well creating a classy hotdog sandwich.
- The fried vegetables are covered with flour and fried to perfection embracing a hot beautifully cooked vegetables cut in thin slices with a crispy border served with a zesty provolone cheese dip. Mushrooms, zucchini and eggplants all are delicious.
I am happy that one of my favorite restaurants is now open at ABC Achrafieh. I'm a big fan of Brgr.Co and Pzza.Co. two unique restaurants which have been satisfying my cravings for the last couple years, offering a unique blend of items from the American and Italian cuisines.
I enjoyed lunch so much and invite you to try it as well. A LBP 35,000 burger is worth paying for.