CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Crepaway Diner, Lebanon
Crepaway: The Next Best Thing
Crepaway's New Meat Free Items are Delicious
Crepaway: Kudos for Reinventing Yourself!
Crepaway: It is Called Crepaway for a Reason...
Crepaway's New Chicken Bagel Burger
World Cup Burgers from Crepaway
Crepaway's New Menu Finally Out
In the Kitchen with Crepaway's Chefs
Lebanon's New Bagel: Crepaway's Hole Good Burger
Crepaway: Beirut City Centre on a Sunday-Is it Kids Friendly?
Crepaway Goes Off Course with a New Menu
Crepaway's New Menu: Casual, Exotic and Urban
Lebanon’s All-Time Favorite: The Famous Spiel Mozzarella Burger
Lunch with my Kids at Crepaway
Sometimes you just crave diner food - think burgers, fries, mozzarella sticks... Crepaway is one of those places that's easy to stop at for a quick bite that will surely satisfy your 'junk food' craving. The quick service, interesting choice of foods and premium quality are a couple of reasons why I like this place.
At Le Mall Branch - We ordered:
- Mozzarella Sticks: Fried American sticks of breaded Mozzarella, served with spicy Cajun or cocktail sauce - the choice is yours. I like it. It's one of the few places that serve Mozzarella sticks that are perfectly round and not rectangular. I like the crispy breaded cover that doesn't look oily. It's tasty.
- Taquitos: Deep fried tortilla rolls with marinated Cajun chicken smoky cheddar sauce, corn carrot, bell pepper, mushrooms, served with a side of Cajun sauce. I wanted to try these as they looked interesting. They are not bad, although I would advise that the tortilla bread used be less thick. It's too chewy and the content inside is a bit watery for my taste. I would thicken the ingredients a bit, add more cheese. I wasn't too fond of the Cajun sauce, I opted for simple cocktail sauce as dip.
- Chicken Escalope: Deep fried breaded chicken filled with melted cheese with side orders of corn, coleslaw and crispy fries. It's not bad... Very fulfilling. The next time I order it, I will make sure to order it alone.
- Queen's: 100% Black Angus beef burger with double cheddar cheese, sauteed mushrooms and a special burger sauce. Not a bad choice. The content is juicy and fresh. The cheese quantity and quality is just right and melted, enjoyed with every bite.
- Caesar Salad: Lettuce, croutons and grilled or deep fried chicken if you want. Not a fan to be honest Says my friend since I cannot eat Garlic: "It can be made much better. Too much garlic in the sauce dressing and not enough dressing. I had to order for extras. The chicken strips is too little. They must add more. The lettuce doesn't look super fresh and the Parmesan cheese is also not that appealing. They are bit hard to chew."
- The menu is thorough and detailed with nice appealing images of some of the dishes that match the order at 90%. Which is great. As a food photographer I would like to congratulate the person who shot Crepaway's menu. Good work: bravo.
- Friendly and professional waiters
Points to be considered:
- The choice of Coke is a must in a diner, guys we need to do something about this issue around this country!
- The plates served where not perfectly clean. The sides are a bit messy. It's important that this be taken into consideration as it may put the customer off. Control the plates decoration and cleanliness before they're sent to the table.
- The diner's space at LeMall is not very practical. The outside part feels like we are in the middle of the mall, which we are. A lot of people passing by, talking and shouting and starring at your plates as they walk by. It somehow creates an uncomfortable feeling while eating. The passage should be blocked.