CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Crepaway Diner, Lebanon
Crepaway: The Next Best Thing
Crepaway: Craving Diner Food?
Crepaway's New Meat Free Items are Delicious
Crepaway: Kudos for Reinventing Yourself!
Crepaway: It is Called Crepaway for a Reason...
World Cup Burgers from Crepaway
Crepaway's New Menu Finally Out
In the Kitchen with Crepaway's Chefs
Lebanon's New Bagel: Crepaway's Hole Good Burger
Crepaway: Beirut City Centre on a Sunday-Is it Kids Friendly?
Crepaway Goes Off Course with a New Menu
Crepaway's New Menu: Casual, Exotic and Urban
Lebanon’s All-Time Favorite: The Famous Spiel Mozzarella Burger
Lunch with my Kids at Crepaway
It seems that 2014 is going to be filled with interesting and exciting new creations. This means the competition will grow bigger among different restaurants and diners, only to give way for our taste buds to enjoy new innovations. Let's see what Crepaway has installed: "The Chicken Bagel Burger".
This week, I was invited to be the very first to try Crepaway’s new Chicken Bagel Burger… After the immense success of the Meat Bagel Burger back in September, this fine American diner is back with a new challenge; marrying together a good locally produced bagel with chicken and a mix of tasty sauces… “The Halo Burger was born”. Try to visualize it: A bagel cut in half and filled with the best ingredients. One layer on top of the other… expect to be amazed especially if you enjoy chicken: “A bagel covered with sesame seeds, honey mustard sauce, a thin slice of lettuce, tomatoes, three balls of fried cheese, chicken breast, sweet pickles, lollo verde lettuce, garlic mayo and the bagel's bottom.” Ten layers perfectly set up to awaken all your senses.
It all starts when your lips touch the bagel. A pleasant smell followed by a slight salty feeling of Sesame seeds sprinkled on a soft bagel bun. The upper part of the bun, marinated in honey mustard sauce, is the start of a fine culinary experience. Fresh crunchy vegetables crunch one after the other until the cheese balls bursts in flavor into your mouth. Fried crispy envelopes of different types of cheese crumbles under your teeth followed by the inner feeling that caresses your taste buds in style. This is what makes this burger unique. More is yet to come... The chicken is juicy and feels light, with a superb pleasant grill aftertaste. Garlic mayo sauce covering the lower part of the bagel closes this experience with a majestic note. Although I had ordered mine without garlic, the experience was as good as I expected. This piece of heavenly creation is served with French fries and not just any French fries, but “the” French fries. Created especially to accompany this feast, these fries are called "The All Good Fries." They are seasoned with paprika, salt, cheddar, pepper, and other secret ingredients. The whole mix has turned what we know as simple French fries into something out of this world. Just smell, lick and bite... Alone or dipped in the Ranch sour cream which comes with it, these fries are to die for. You’ll understand what I am talking about when you try them.
The plate’s content:
- Ranch herbs sauce
- The Chicken bagel burger
- Special French fries
- Coleslaw salad
- Crepaway decided to use a sesame bagel since their regular burger buns are not topped with sesame. The change is good
- The plate is mouthwatering with a mix of mayonnaise, fries and grilling aromas that activate your senses before digging into the first bite
- Honey mustard in a burger... That's an interesting initiative
- The cheese balls are what give this burger its signature. A rich mix of Edam cheese, cheddar cheese and smoked cheese with basil and sun-dried tomatoes
- Crepaway made sure not to repeat the same mistake when the bagel bun was sometimes served chewy and hard. This time, the bagel buns are defrosted and heated in-house, served fresh and tender
- Press all the ingredients together and enjoy
My personal opinion:
- Prepare yourself to grab the bagel with your two hands. The tomato slices are too slippery and will push all the other ingredients in opposite directions
- Do not expect to eat a fatty juicy burger: Remember that it's a grilled chicken burger
- The tomato slice is too thick for my taste
- I loved the cheese balls. They are so good that they can be a perfect add-on to the appetizers combo
- Enjoying a nice fluffy bagel depends on chance, sometimes they are soft and other times chewy; this detail spoils the experience
- I loved the coleslaw. Adequately sweetened, little mayonnaise, fresh crunchy cabbage and a subtile orange decoration provided by the carrots