CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Pizza Cups: Baked with Care and Dedication (Restaurant Closed)
Pizza Cups: Valentines Special Chocolate Tart Pizzas (Restaurant Closed)
Pizza Cups: Try the Limited Edition Holidays Specials
What used to be Pizza Cups is now called Cup&Roll. The name has changed, but has the taste? I ordered a few dozens of Cup&Roll for dinner.
My story with these cups started last year, a love story and an admiration for a successful concept and a woman who has put lots of love into cups and rolls, she produced a really fantastic product. Today, going to dinner at a friend’s house, I called by to take some food with me. I got myself nine half-dozen boxes, hoping to have a general idea of the offerings.
Good to know:
- What was known as Pizza Cups used to have an "order in advance" policy which has changed to "order on demand" to ensure freshness.
- The cups used to be heated in the oven, which is not the case anymore.
- Order, and 45 minutes later the rolls will be knocking on your door.
- The minimum order is a dozen cups.
- Margheritta (Fresh mozzarella, dried basil, tomato sauce): Way too much garlic for me... But the overall mix is juicy and tasty.
- Pepperoni (Pepperoni, mozzarella, tomato sauce): That’s a very good one indeed. Hot tomatoes with lots of flavors alongside two slices of pepperoni.
- Four Cheese (Gorgonzola, Parmesan, brie, mozzarella, oregano, tomato sauce): Fresh aromas take over while you start feeling the strong intensity of the cheese topping a tomato sauce bed. Oregano adds some flavor and aroma.
- Grilled Veggie Rolls (Eggplant, zucchini, red and green bell pepper, black peppers, garlic, halloumi cheese, tomato sauce): That's an excellent one indeed. Again, the garlic didn't please me much, very powerful and it overshadowed the other ingredients, but the mix of veggies and their texture is amazing.
- Mexican (Red, green and yellow bell pepper, fresh mushrooms, onions, Mexican spices, chilly tomato sauce): So juicy, so generous, so tasty, with hints of spices.
- Meatball (Mozzarella stuffed meatball, mozzarella, tomato): A large meatball that's a bit dry, mixed with cherry tomatoes and a tomato sauce. Not my favorite.
- Spinach and Caramelized Onions (Spinach, white sauce, caramelized onions): I would have preferred it with more onions, and if the onions were caramelized more and not grilled. Garlic! Why that? Anyway those cups are generous and tasty, moist and juicy.
- Nutella and Banana (Nutella spread, banana chunks): A crunchy dough, generously filled with Nutella and a banana slice which is yellow and appetizing.
- Baklava Roll (walnut, cinnamon, butter, sugar): I've had this before, at the cooking festival and was amazed by it. Ordering it again for my friends, everyone loved it. Thin layers of dough, carefully rolled one after the other and stuffed with cinnamon and crunchy nuts. To make it even more unique, a sugar frosting decorated them, adding sweetness and fun. Bravo!
- I loved the boxes like always: A unique package
- Six guacamole containers were sent, why that many?
- They sent one set of plastic cutlery with all those boxes, bizarre no?
My favorite was the spinach and caramelized onions: It is simply extraordinary. The grilled veggie pizza is different from others, as it is rolled like cinnamon rolls. The Mexican is very rich and filled with flavors. The meatball with its mozzarella filling is a fine creation. Turkey is coupled with fresh mushrooms and a tasty tomato mix, yes, fresh not canned.
- These pizzas and rolls are tasty.
- You don't feel the bread as its thickness is not more than 1 or 2 millimeters.
- Crunchy on the sides and soft on the inside, the dough is just great.
- Richly filled in the middle, the pieces are enjoyable, just like a large pizza.
- The ingredients are really premium.
- All the pizzas look colorful and are beautiful to see and serve to your guests. The pictures say it all.
- The brown wheat bread is superb. I even preferred it to the normal one.
- Served in cooking paper, the pizzas are easy to grab.
- The paper does not stick to the pizza and is easily thrown away
- I'll go slowly on the garlic, its flavor is too prominent
I used to be their number one fan, maybe their first ever customer. I used to love the homey feel in each millimeter of each cup...Today, I felt it less but surely recommend Cup&Roll and will order from their innovations again.
I enjoyed the food, but something was missing. I hope the company doesn't transform into an industrial organization...