CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Brgr.Co Backstage: A Fine Lebanese Burger Opening in London (Restaurant Closed)
Brgr.Co Opens on King's Road, London (Restaurant Closed)
Let the action begin... As the staff grilled one patty after another the line was building up outside the door. “A 6oz with cheese and another 8oz medium, come on guys, move it!” The atmosphere was electric. The potatoes frying, the onion rings splashing into the hot oil... Welcome to the heart of the action.
The brioche buns, opened meticulously with a sharp knife, are first buttered and placed on the hot plate to toast. The sounds of grilling meat are music to my ears, as watched the patties turned from red to brown and wait to be laid down on the heated bun.
Smiles, fun and life, a venue was coming to life, a venue of Lebanese origin, here in the heart of The British capital.
A soothing music made everyone happy and waiters were so excited to explain the menu while customers were drooling. Prepare yourself to ask for more, because as soon as you enter the shop a strong aroma tickles your brain, and the journey begins.
The burgers are brilliant, but not only that, the truffle fries are awesome, the fried vegetables are majestic… the food is exceptional.
I ordered all there is on the menu:
- The fried vegetables:Breaded vegetables cut in very large pieces and ready to be devoured. Crunchy on the outside and fluffy inside, they are really exceptional. Wow! No really, I was amazed by those crunchy bites, so full of taste and flavors.
- Sloppy Joe:A tender brioche filled with minced meat and tomato sauce with a hint of spiciness. The bun is unique, toasted and covered with butter, making it crunchy while the core is juicy and full of taste. The spiciness stays around for so long... I loved the one in Beirut and this one is even better.
- Order the Caesar salad for its chicken. The grilling and juiciness of the chicken is exceptional and the overall taste of the salad is just great.
- Mac and cheese... Served hot, melting cheese and al dente, macaroni in a pan that's topped with crunchy crumbs. A great texture and a premium taste.
- Chili fries: A mountain of fries topped with minced meat. Juicy with a spicy aftertaste. Just good.
- Maybe my favorite of all, something I'll remember for a long time and will surely crave... The Onion Rings, mouthwatering rings that are fresh, crunchy, and that don’t smell taste of onions, breaded and crispy with a salty cover that stays on your lips for sometime afterwards. With them comes a lemony tarragon aioli sauce. Bravo!
- The butcher cut is as good as always... A dreamy burger. A perfect blend, to be devoured without any sauce or condiments.
- Another burger, the 4oz is perfect with a cocktail of items. Try it with grilled bacon, caramelized onions on the side and lettuce with pickles. A burger made up just like everyone eats it, but honestly it’s not my thing. I'm more into feeling the real flavors of the meat and premium bun.
- The truffle fries are awesome!
- As for the falafel, I'll say no. Not a fan at all.
- Today's dessert was the cheesecake pudding. White chocolate, crunchy bits, and a raspberry coulis on top. Sweetness and body... Lovely.
Brgr.Co London is now open, the newest burger shop to land in the British capital, and it’s very promising. Three days after the opening and not one single chair is left empty. Fully booked for lunch and dinner, the locals seem to be loving it. Brgr.Co celebrates its second branch… Proudly Lebanese and loving it.