I will admit that I was bizarrely scared to bite into the yule log: Labneh? What would it be like?... Yule logs, better known as buche de Noel, is commonly made of chocolate! It's normal to be surprised. I mean when you hear that a cake is made of labneh you stop for a second and think... Several ideas go through your head - is it good, will it be just another attempt to being creative in the kitchen, will it be one of those inventions that will make me laugh...? The opposite was quite the truth. I was happily proved wrong.
I was intrigued... I couldn't but look into it deeper for an extensive look.
Labneh Buche is created by dietician Nicole Maftoum. Known for diet related programs on Light FM and OTV as well as her informative articles published in L'Orient Le Jour among others, Maftoum wanted to introduce an a guilt free indulgence this festive season.
With this unique Labneh Bûche, Eat, drink & be merry! Many centuries ago, the habit on Christmas Eve was to burn a large Yule log during the 12 days of Christmas till New Years.The log’s remnants role was to primarily bring prosperity and protection from evil across the year.The traditions of the Yule log died out and Today, the bûche de Noël is a traditional dessert, in origin a facsimile of the actual log!
“One of the nicest things about Christmas is the way we must stop whatever it is we’re doing and devote our attention to eating and sharing food passionately with family and friends.”
- Cashew Nuts
- Goji Berries
- Macadamia nuts
The labneh red berries bûche is good and tasty at the same time:
- Delicately prepared with Taanayel les Fermes labneh light cream, pure at heart (7times less caloric and 20 times less fattening than butter) to keep your heart healthy!
- Walnuts with their highest Omega-3 content amongst all other nuts will help You become smarter and keep your brains alive!
- Almonds are packed with proteins, calcium and fibre.
- Goji berries, also known as longevity fruits all along with cranberries will strengthen your immune system with their high antioxidants content.
- Cashew and Macadamia are those rich flavorful nuts packed with beneficial vitamins and minerals that will also contribute to a healthier You when consumed moderately.
Just like an ordinary buche wrapped in a 40cm long cylinder, this buche is delivered in a transparent box that shows the rich, colorful and mouthwatering piece of heaven inside. Covered with acidic free Labneh cream, prepare yourself for a balanced culinary experience like no other.
A red visual festive delight to look at, every bite will enjoy a light layer of labneh cream, soft tender dough and just the right feel of sweetness released from the berries jam. As you start appreciating the ingredients, your palate will wake up to crunchy almonds, walnuts and macadamia nuts mixed with sweet taste of dried berries. What a creation! The richness and different textures of the ingredients is breathtaking and trust me once you start you will not be able to stop.
One slice of red berries buche as an afternoon snack! Sweet and delicious and just 150 calories per piece! It's light, it's guilt free, it's healthy, it's fluffy and it's only for $50.