Up the road to Bickfaya, before you reach Yammine Bakery and Charcutier Aoun, you'll find, La Laiterie, a new place, offering dairy products and breakfast.
Yes, the practice of offering a full breakfast, a trend this year, is expanding beyond Beirut. Other than manakish and knefe, one can now sit in a comfortable setup and have breakfast that include labneh, eggs and baked goods...
Open the door to be welcomed by fresh aromas, which will pull you inside like a magnetic force. Croissants being baked on an early morning while a bird sings in the sunshine: Magic. Every detail is taken care of: The soothing background music, the light fresh colors, outdoor furniture, plants and enough lights to make you smile.
La Laiterie sells products from the villages, especially honey from Jabal el Sheikh and Mouneh from Al Mawan.
- Combo la Laiterie
- Cold and hot beverages
Loved the setup, the colors, the freshness and the blue cow waiting around peacefully in the corner... But the place doens't have anything related to dairy on disply other than an empty fridge...
The breakfast we enjoyed:
- Eggs with cheese and ham LBP6,000: On a rectangular plate, two square sandwiches are presented with cherry tomatoes. Two slices of pain demi, a sunny side up egg, a slice of ham and another of cheese. Two cold pieces of toasted bread, super cold ham and cheese, with the egg on top; I loved the ingredients, if only the cheese and ham were warmed and one of the pieces of bread removed. Too much chewiness to say the least.
- Halloum sandwich LBP3,000: The taste of freshness. Thin and chewy markouk filled with non-salty halloum, tomatoes, cucumbers and mint leaves. A great way to start a day
- Labneh sandwich LBP2,500: Very generous for a Labneh sandwich, even cheaper than the ones sold in the Bekaa. An excellent quality and fresh vegetables. Bravo.
- Labneh plate LBP3,500: exceptional. I felt like I was eating in Chtaura... Missing this taste and happy it can now be found close to home
- Mixed Cheese platter LBP4,500: As fresh products as you’ll ever enjoy
- Bouquet La Laiterie (Labneh with mint, goat Labneh, basterma and tomato, grilled halloum with basil and tomato, baladieh cheese, poppy seeds, double creme with cucumber) LBP9,000. Six mini burgers each filled with something. Even though the bread was too prominent, the sandwiches were tasty. A great platter for sharing. I'd change the bread or heat them so they become crunchy, less chewy
Loved the food... loved the prices.
I would change:
- I didn't see any dairy products on display. It would be nice to have a fully stocked fridge with products from Chtaura… I would be the first to buy them for the family on a weekly basis.
- I believe the owner himself should take the orders and explain the concept. The waitresses are gentle but lack understanding of the brand and take orders incorrectly.
- Smoking is allowed inside!!! Come on!
Honestly, the overall experience was better than I expected and I recommend it to all of you. Come here before work if you can, you'll enjoy a fresh start to the day.
It was all perfect and enjoyable, until the owner started smoking in this closed space which is supposed to reflect freshness and purity... A total turn off. I was going to give him my recommended sticker, but changed my mind at the last minute.
- +961 4 419 906
- Antelias-Bickfaya main road, Before Yammine Bakery, Mtayleb, Lebanon