CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Latest Version Diner: The Address for the Best Wagyu Burger (Restaurant Closed)
LVD: Still Serving Premium Quality Meat & Burgers (Restaurant Closed)
LVD: Start your Day with a Tasty American Breakfast (Restaurant Closed)
LVD's Fine American Breakfast: A Recipe for a Smile (Restaurant Closed)
An Early Morning Visit to The Latest Version Diner (Restaurant Closed)
Two times already and I don’t seem to be getting enough of LVD’s fine American breakfast. Two times when I have enjoyed a full breakfast menu including their choices of eggs, pancakes, waffles and surely their tasty freshly brewed coffee.
I usually come alone to a place that’s slowly waking up. This time I walked in with 17 other people, 10 of which were bloggers. I think it was a challenging moment for LVD especially that most of the guests where there to take picture, talk about their experience for breakfast and more. Happily for us and luckily for them, we all enjoyed same exact quality of tasty breakfast.
This typical American diner serves breakfast starting 7am until 11am. On the menu you’ll find three choices of sweet items and three choices of savory ones. Although we arrived at 8am to a place that wasn’t ready to welcome us, this issue was quickly resolved along with the fact that some items were not available yet in the kitchen… Plus Yorgo, our waiter, was there with a smile on his face just waiting to serve us.
- Morning Harvest eggs (3 eggs) 9,500L.L sunny side up, over easy, over hard, and served with toast and a mixed salad
- Freshly Boiled eggs (3 eggs) 8,500L.L boiled, peeled, cut into halves and served on a bed of iceberg with toast and a mixed salad
- Scrambled eggs (3 eggs) 9,500L.L served with toast and mixed salad
- Cornflakes and fresh milk 6,500L.L Plain and chocolate
- Buttermilk Pancakes 9-12,000L.L Plain, chocolate and banana, or berries
- Homemade Waffles 10-13,000L.L Crystal sugar, chocolate and banana, or berries
- Extras Sausages, bacon or cheese, or a scoop of ice cream
- On the house orange juice, tea and black coffee
Organized by LG, this breakfast was to test the capabilities of the new LGG3 phone and I think it proved itself capable of taking mouthwatering close up shots. Follow #meetlgg3 on twitter and instagram to check the quality of images for yourself.
Breakfast started with the eggs, three individual, sunny side up eggs served individually on a square piece of bread. Oil-free, soft and seasoned with just the right amount of salt and pepper. A rich plate filled with green salad. This is a good way to start. The eggs have a homey feel to them which I enjoyed along with it's rich yellow color and pleasant peppery aftertaste and no oil. With three bread slices and a green salad, the plate is mouthwatering. Added to that, the salad is made up of a selection of green leaves and vinaigrette, which is a smooth start to the morning.
Mastering scrambled eggs is not the easiest of things, so I ordered one with cheese. At first glance, receiving scrambled eggs with a layer of cheese on top was not too appetizing … until you have your first bite. The cheese, which isn’t mixed with the eggs, is light, keeping the eggs moist and soft. I added some eggs on a piece of bread, a layer of cheese and there I was enjoying a superb sandwich with no need for anything else. Since there was no bacon, sausages were ordered, grilled, chopped and served on the side. Unfortunately I couldn’t eat them, since they were filled with garlic, but my friend enjoyed them to the last bite.
I loved their American coffee, which I enjoyed without any sugar. And then came the pancakes. It was like time had stopped as I grabbed my phone and started shooting this beautiful plate. Four pancakes with chocolate chips, topped with a chocolate sauce, served with warm banana slices and a Nutella dip, decorated with a mountain of whipped cream. Thin and soft, the pancakes were so light, fluffy and moist. I had planned to eat one single bite, just to taste it, but I couldn't stop.
The waffles… Ouf! Breathtaking! Fresh colors that will make you say WOW. An oval waffle, 2cm thick and 10cm wide with hard crunchy cover and soft sweet inner filling. The best thing about them is their sugar bits that crunch under your teeth. This is what I call a decent tasty waffle. Add to that some red fruits jam, strawberries and banana and you're in heaven. Love in every bite.
- The food was just perfect
- The eggs were excellently seasoned and cooked
- The pancakes were to die for
- Even the coffee was very good and freshly brewed
- The waiter was welcoming, joyful and attentive
- The bread was toasted and served without its hard crusts
- The portions were generous and fulfilling
- All ingredients used were just perfect
As always, the experience was awesome and to be repeated soon.