Pawaky, in Amchit, is a cocktail and ice cream parlor. On my way back from Tripoli, I stopped for a sweet treat at a very very colorful place with a big cornet at the entrance. Walk in and you'll enjoy more colors. I ordered the Pawaky fruit special which is a mix of strawberry juice, avocado smoothie and fruits.
Today I met Fady, the owner. Fady sells ice cream, and fresh fruit cocktails. He recommended I try the signature Pawaktel cocktail, avocado and kashta, the avocado and chocolate.
- I tried the avocado and chocolate with chocolate ice cream. A scoop of chocolate ice cream on top of a glass of avocado cream served next to melted chocolate; an interesting combination.
- Kashta is freshly laid on top of the cocktail glass.
- The avocado cream is too thick and has a strong milky flavor.
- Pawaktel followed; their signature item contains watery sauce, pressed strawberries and creamy avocado. Prepare yourself to have half the contents of your glass spill out. Thinly sliced pineapple, Kashta on top presented like an ice cream, some sauce and a mix of fruit cut in cubes.
A few things I'd change and improve:
- Let's work more on the presentation.
- The honey looks like olive oil as it is in bare plastic bottles. I would have expected to know what kind of honey they use.
- I also had the ice cream which I found to be sweet, it's a machine made commercial ice cream that Pawaky gets from a supplier.
- The avocado cream could be smoother.
- The glasses are filled to the top. When you start with the first spoon, half the cup spills out. Using glasses with wider necks should be considered.
- The strawberry cocktail - or sauce - is too watery!
I enjoyed taking some colorful photos and continued on my way to Beirut...