Prime Grill, the newest restaurant to open in Dubai is located at the Galleria Mall. It’s new; it’s fresh, it’s trendy and sexy; the meat restaurant has it all. From a state of the art tea machine never seen before in the region, to wooden tables and leather menus, the experience is guaranteed to be memorable. I sat for an early dinner prepared to enjoy the finest of beef cuts.
I loved the colors, the bar, and music. The salt and pepper mills, the dimmed lights, the metallic structures, the yellow bulbs and every single detail that makes of Prime Grill a gourmet destination.
Dinner starts with bread, a basket of bread balls served with a side of warm butter. A metallic tray, decorated with a tablecloth hosts five balls of cheese bread.
Food is outstanding!
- The crispy duck rolls were the best first impression one can get.
- Avocado: pickled market vegetables, Schug, fried walnuts, kataifi: half an avocado topped with micro mushrooms and decorated with yellow corns and crispy vermicelli. Superb smoothness, exceptional balance, and interesting spiciness.
- Mixed greens: red beetroot, carrots, radish, fennel, balsamic vinaigrette. Simply salad but prepared with thinly sliced vegetables mixed with style. The freshness of the ingredients and intensity of the flavorful sauce makes of this a unique salad.
- Ahi tuna sashimi: serrano chili, fried onions, yuzu ponzu. Probably the freshest tuna out there melts under the teeth like butter and kicks around the palate in style.
- Artichoke spinach dip: three cheese blend, olive oil crostini. The famous artichoke spinach dip made famous by American diners is elevated to a gourmet level. Served in a metallic pot, the creamy dip is addictive. Thinly sliced parmesan roasts are a great way to enjoy them.
Those appetizers are out of this world! So good on all fronts; I loved their taste, and more importantly the love and knowhow poured in every plate. From an American chef proud to have a Michelin Star, he made sure to spread it across his thirty restaurants around the globe where great food is enjoyed casually.
The main deal:
- Prime tomahawk rib eye: 1 kilogram of madness!
- Falafel burger.
- Classic beef burger.
- Hickory smoked short rib.
Because food is art because not anyone is a meat expert... come here for the experience; one kilogram of awesomeness, tender meat served in a big casserole, a burger and the fries, a steak sandwich, and the best of all is the hickory smoked short rib. The plates’ presentation is phenomenal, pieces of art you will enjoy taking photos of.
Now desserts; it was the cherry on top, orgasmic desserts I will remember for long. The roasted strawberry cheesecake on top of a crunchy lemon shortbread makes one want to scream. OMG I screamed unconsciously. A layer of strawberry purée, thick cream and a sweet couli.
The prime Grill brownie sundae deserves a line of its own; the creamiest ice cream on earth, -Haagen-Dazs- with a couli of caramel, on top of a warm brownie and ripe bananas sliced in small pieces. It’s a sin!
The newest of all, the explosion of feelings, cookie dough, cake and vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce and caramel sauce! Is this for real? Speechless...
The restaurant also has a spiced carrot cake, chocolate cake, and lemon custard cake; I’m not sure how to describe them, because they are phenomenal.
I enjoyed my experience tonight and will recommend it to all my friends.