CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
SAI, Japanese Cuisine, Mtayleb
Sai: A Japanese Restaurant with a Bright Future
SAI: Third Visit, First Disappointment
Sai: A Flavorful Japanese Spot in Mtayleb
SAI: Rabieh’s Neighborhood Japanese Eatery is a Favorite
Skipping introductions and going straight to the point, SAI is one of Metn’s favorite Japanese restaurant now open for more than four years in the same spot. Excellent casual sushi, the restaurant is a guaranteed quality of satisfaction and enjoyment. When I want to enjoy good sushi, I dine in-house at Sai in Mtayleb.
It’s a cozy place with three couches and three tables inside, with another three for smokers on the balcony. Facing the bar, sit, and enjoy your dinner in a casual ambiance decorated with graffiti paintings on the walls inspired by Japanese geisha and fire dragons.
Ginger! Delicious ginger. It feels awkward to write a paragraph about ginger, but it’s worth it. Lightly sweet, spicy with a subtle kick. It’s juicy, not too acidic, not chewy, and not hard-textured. I enjoyed them!
Sushi! Good sushi, good rice, good quality of seafood, and good ingredients. I like their shape, their consistency, their balance in sauce, and amount of mayonnaise.
- Noodles and crab salad to start, white angel-hair noodles mixed with thinly sliced fresh crabs feeling like noodles themselves.
- Beautifully marinated salmon cubes on a bed of shredded crab sticks; I love it how the salmon is cold, and mayonnaise is not too prominent.
- Fried shrimp tempura; consider them nibbles-like sambousik in Lebanese restaurants — Non-Oily, crispy with a juicy heart.
- Very yummy sushi! I just love them: the rice, the balance, the sweetness, and the taste. Exactly what one needs, the crisps are crispy, the seafood is fresh, the rice is not sticky... all of them sushi pieces were excellent!
- USA Maki; the order that brings me back here. Let me tell you about its superb flavors and keep it as a surprise for you to try it.
I’m happy to be back after one long year; the last review was in March 2018, twelve months, and the food is still as good. When the owners focus on their business, things work well.