CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
The Life Hotel; Manhattan, New York City
Henry at Life Hotel is the restaurant name, located in the lobby of a small hotel in New York, few blocks from the Empire State Building on 31st between 5th and Broadway. I like it when establishments throw challenges like “the best hotel restaurant,” the “best egg sandwich” among others. Enjoying the details at Life hotel, I stopped for breakfast.
Breakfast is served at Henry every day until noon. Order at the bar, be seated and wait for your food to follow.
Dimmed lights, metallic tables and lots of leather, mirrors and old paintings, the place looks like an English pub. With jazz music playing in the background, I sat to enjoy the moment. Dark roasted richly aromatic coffee is served here.
Food can be described as pure yet very tasty! It’s when love is poured in every plate prepared.
- Indeed one of the best egg sandwiches in New York precisely the way it’s named. Very fluffy, the bun melts under the teeth. Inside is a fried egg covered with a slice of cheddar. Served very hot, the molten cheese and flowing egg yolk embraced by a warm buttered cheese... it’s so yummy!
- It’s unimaginable how an avocado on toast sandwich can surprise you. Simply avocados, that sandwich I never thought ordering is the best thing I’ve had for the last week. Thick, crunchy toast topped with ripe avocados enhanced with a jalapeños vinaigrette and pumpkin seed oil. A sandwich of dreams, a moist bread with hard crunchy borders, a flavorful avocado, a spicy and tangy sauce, fresh greens; a magical combination!
- A blueberry muffin, soft and moist on the inside with crispy borders. The blueberry bits explode with their sweetness under the palate giving the light sweetness your body needs on an early morning.
I didn’t have enough! Went back to the bar for another order:
- The yogurt parfait served in a plastic cup is so good! I loved the yogurt quality and light acidity, the crunchy and sticky granola with macerated blueberries to add the needed sweetness.
- Two eggs, simply two sunny sides up eggs with fried potatoes and toasted bread; the simplest of plates tastes like magic! Thank you, chef, for making me feel the taste of love and passion. Perfectly cooked eggs with fried chunks of potatoes and a thick air-toasted bread loaded with air bubbles crumbling like chips.
Yummy things are found in unlikely places.