CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Hardware Société: Paris’ Perfect Breakfast Treat
Hardware Société Paris: It’s Simply Great!!!!!
I came here not knowing what to expect... I ended up ordering everything! The food is phenomenal.
Coming all the way from Melbourne and choosing for location the beautiful hills of Montmartre, Hardware Société was full when we arrive at its opening time. The vibes are fresh and positive, waiters are welcoming, and the decor makes you want to take photos of everything. Shipping their coffee from Australia, the owners want to take you on a journey to the land down under.
Exactly like the menu states, start with desserts: viennoiseries, cakes, rice pudding, fried brioche. The continental, Eggs and sandwiches. Continue browsing and discover the mushroom, hurrays, scrambled eggs, duck, pork belly and a fried egg, tuna millefeuille, and lobster Benedict. I was happy to read the menu in English and French, something we’re not used to in Paris.
The place is small: two dining spaces, an open kitchen, a bar, and a display fridge. On a Saturday morning, not a single chair was empty. Lights coming down from the ceiling, mirrors, decorative doors hang on the wall, high wooden chairs, a bench, and white marble tables.
Colors, a classy use of colors, in a restaurant that inspires class and style. The coffee cups are all colorful adding a touch of happiness to your table. Plates started landing on the tables around us making my mouth water: sexy looking plates loaded to the top! The coffee is subtle and light-bodied with enjoyable notes of acidity; I loved it.
Food is served:
- Pain Perdu: passion fruit French toast with bavarois passion fruit, chocolate mascarpone, passion fruit pulp, and fresh raspberries. It’s so good! It’s so finger-licking good! Gourmet and simple at the same time with fine dining flavors.
- Sandwich: roasted eggplant, peperonata, basil, buffalo, mozzarella, golden beet, walnut, and oregano salad. This creation is phenomenal; eggplant on black bread with a drizzle of tomato sauce, basil pesto, molten mozzarella, and crunchy walnuts. A side of diced peppers add a crunch and definitely more style than potatoes.
- Scrambled eggs: house-cured hot smoked salmon, grebiche, pickled fennel. An “OMG” kind of feeling in every bite. Amazing bun, moist eggs, cold salmon on top, herbs, crunchy fennel and way too much love for the heart to handle. The food is illogically good!
- Lobster Benedict: lobster, citrus hollandaise foam, soft herbs, bun noir, 64-degree eggs. I’ve had eggs Benedict but never as innovative, classy, good looking and tasty at the same time! So fresh and so well balanced, the black colored burger bun, the huge load of lobster meat, the crunchy fennel and the two poached eggs on top all covered with a delicious hollandaise. All perfect from creation to delivery, shape, and taste, this plate rocks!
- Fried brioche with honey roasted figs, white chocolate and chai mousse with orange blossom gel and pistachios. Wow! This is awesome! Super tender pain perdu beautifully caramelized on the sides, soaked with milk and butter and topped with a handful of flavors and textures. Decorated with a thinly sliced dried orange, the plate is a pleasure for the eyes and palate.
The chocolate brownie and cheesecake followed; one of the tastiest cheesecakes ever, it’s so creamy and so light while being intensely cheesy. The crust is crunchy. The chocolate brownie is exactly like it should be and the way I like it; full-bodied, dark, intense and not sweet. Nothing more than “bravo” can be said.
I was enchanted and transported wishing time will stop. The food is out of this world. Ordering almost everything from the menu, I ended up paying only 100€ for two. I will be back, and I will recommend this place to all my friends.