Have you heard of Fresh, the healthy cafe? Newly opened on Zalka highway, next to Kouyoumji Center, is a new spot that offers a large selection of morning treats, lunch and dinner with a choice of juices, and it’s all healthy.
I received their menu when they opened and was intrigued, I wanted to pay them a visit. I'm here today, for breakfast and was happy to discover their wide range of offerings, everything’s well explained and the number of calories in each is clearly written.
The first impression: A bottle of sanitizer welcomes you, allowing you to decontaminate your hands before you start.
Welcome to the world of health. White, light green and colorful posters take over this well lit space, which is fitted with four square tables and a wooden bar overlooking the main street. I ordered and waited to be served.
On the menu, displayed in on four screens, are the wraps, panini and salads, the life smoothies, squeezes and 100% pure juices, crepes and espresso, as well as the healthy breakfast selection; behind the bar, three employees wearing hair nets, prepare the orders.
We started with a fresh drink, they said it would give me a boost for the day. Orange, ginger and carrots; a fresh flavor of orange, an aftertaste of carrots and a hint of ginger as an end note; a light watery juice that's full of taste, without being acidic or strong on the throat. It's loaded with natural fat burners without any stimulants.
A journey of taste... Guilt-free:
- We started with the good morning crepe. A triangular-shaped crepe filled with eggs, cheddar cheese, green peppers and mushrooms. Before even tasting it, its look and aromatic freshness open up your appetite. A thick, yet crunchy dough, slightly and adequately sweet, loaded with melting cheese that adds a bit of oiliness, moist scrambled eggs and a crunch, provided by the pepper. Bravo... Really, I was amazed. What a perfect combination of ingredients put into bites of love. All of this, at only 628 calories.
- The Early Bird is even better than the crepe! A green wrap, rolled around eggs, turkey bacon, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, spinach and fat-free mayo. Yummy! The wrap is thin and not chewy, with just enough mayonnaise for a juicy heart, the crunch of the spinach, beautiful leaves of fresh spinach, and the core where the eggs and tomatoes lie one on top of one another in style. It was supposed to be a tasting... I finished it all.
- The third order was the spiced oatmeal bowl. A container generously filled with an oatmeal mix of sliced apples, dried cranberries, fresh apple juice with cinnamon and nutmeg... A cocktail of flavors and aromas combined in a meal that's only 339 calories, a breakfast idea that will put a smile on your face. Chewy cranberries, fresh apples, tender oatmeal and crunchy walnuts. I loved the flavors, the textures and how this meal is served extremely hot; a perfect meal for the upcoming cold winter days. When delivered, they’re sent in carton cups.
The little details:
- The place looks clean and neat
- The portions are generous
- Service is quick
- Everything is really fresh, like the name suggests
What a place! What a concept! Clean, great value for money, and most importantly, it's tasty. Recommended for sure.