I say "state of the art" because it really is one of the most beautiful airports I’ve been to; open for only five days, I had the honor, the pleasure and the chance to be one of the few to experience this fantastic structure built with style, finesse, and attention to every single detail. Muscat Airport Terminal 2 is a decor masterpiece for sure as well as a high standard establishment in respect and professionalism. Happy and excited, I took hundreds of pictures, delighted to share in google maps as well as my personal blog.
Arriving on the 26th, Six days only after the opening, I was astonished to discover the change; amazing, I said to myself, it’s simply amazing. Using the finest and most expensive material out there, the Airport speaks class, luxury and style all by being beautiful and stylish at the same time. You don’t feel the heaviness of a rich hotel but the professionalism of a country, wanting to leave a superb first and last impression.
It’s the first and the last impression when one visits a country; and Oman managed to show it in the best of ways. A beautiful airport designed like if it was the reception of a five stars hotel, brightly lit and colored to satisfy the eyes. Walk through the long corridors, tour around the duty free, and enjoy every corner which deserves a photograph. If food is “instagramable”, this Airport is, even more, Instagram friendly.
The new Passenger Terminal boasts an unrivaled service for passengers passing through it. The stylish new state of the art airport has been designed to be a shining symbol of the Sultanate of Oman. The hub offers a significant boost to Oman’s steadily flourishing travel sector.
I was reminded of the day I visited Burj el Arab; hundreds of photos taken, I was impressed by the most luxurious hotel. The same happened to me here, a marvelous Airport, a memorable experience from the minute you walk in. It’s not intended for business use like Charles de Gaulle; it’s not focused on shopping like Dubai, it’s just refined and classy.
Handled by a team of professionals, trained to amaze, you are greeted with a smile and handled with care. Everyone is happy and ready to spread that happiness.
Pass security, walk through passport control and enjoy the duty-free! The duty-free is really nice! Corners for relaxations, sofas, beds, big screens, high ceiling and design lanterns, leather chairs and fine wood; the Airport impresses!
Not only that, but wait until you see the restaurants: OMG! Amazing restaurants! Decorated with so much taste, I wished I can come again tomorrow. Lanterns pending from the ceiling, stripes of wood decorate the walls, high tables and bars, enough light to keep you awake and enough material to make you want to take pictures.
It’s clear that I was impressed and the amount of photos taken shows it. Enjoy Muscat Terminal 2 and plan your next visit to one of my favorite countries.
Enter the new terminal
When you reach or are dropped off at the Departure Level, there are 3 entrances in front of you.
- Entrance A: for all Airlines Business Class which will lead the Oman Air guests to Oman Air First and Business Class Check-in Lounge and other airlines’ Business Class guests to their check-in counters.
- Entrance B for Oman Air Economy Class and
- Entrance C for all other Airlines’ Economy Class.
- Any queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
As you enter
- All Economy Class Guests will be lead to the economy class check-in area.
- The twelve counters each of C and D (C1 to C12 and D1 to D12) are exclusively for Oman Air.
- E1 to E12 is for other lines.
- During the peak hours, Oman Air will utilize the E counters as well.
First and Business Class check-in services
- Oman Air’s First & Business class passengers will be served separately through 12 check-in counters and 3 supervisor counters named A1 to A12.
- For other airlines’ Business Class check-in counters available are B1 to B12.
- Oman Air First & Business Class Check-in area will display the fine theme of Oman and Oman Air hospitality.
- The unique service at the check-in area will provide the guests with premium concierge services. At the tastefully decorated premium, check-in waiting area guests will not only be provided comfortable seating but will also be served soft drinks, as they wait to finish the check-in process.
- There are three security screening devices exclusively for J and F class passengers.
Economy class services
- Oman Air Economy class check-in counters are located at C & D with 24 counters totally and 6 service & Supervision counters.
- In addition, if the passenger load is very high during peak hours, Oman Air can use the 12 counters at E section.
- Apart from the normal check-in counters self-check-in kiosk also is available.
- There are six security screening devices for Y class passengers
Oman Air First & business class Guests can enjoy the unique Omani and Oman Air hospitality at the stylish Premium Lounges located above the Muscat Duty-Free and next to the airside hotel.