CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
It was six in the morning when I arrived to Bucharest from Lebanon. I was welcomed into a huge restaurant at Phoenicia Grand Hotel.
A huge buffet including an endless choice of food as well as beautifully set islands including bread, cereals, fruits and hot preparations. Impressive. I was not expecting to find so many choices.
I was honestly lost for choices. I didn’'t know where to start... A large display of freshly baked bread, a huge display of fruits like the ones you find at the fruits and vegetables market, with several fresh drinks prepared a la minute, loads of cereal bowls, jams of all kinds and an open kitchen where eggs are prepared...
The buffet islands:
- The fridge of Labneh, hummus and yogurt
- Jams in wooden pots
- 10 choices of cereals
- Parmesan cheese
- Cut vegetables
- Cold cuts and local cheese
- Chicken liver
- Baked white potatoes
- Chinese chicken
- Rice with vegetables
- Chicken schnitzel
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Coffee machines
- 7 choices of fruits
Now for the food:
- I was impressed and surely didn't expect to enjoy the breakfast that much. The taste of labneh is close to the one I enjoy home, the cheese is fresh and rich in taste.; the eggs cooked with sausages or vegetables are juicy and flavorful. A mix of fresh eggs with melted cheese, a light yellow color and some interesting to start your day with.
- I loved the selection of cold cuts presented in rolls and the bread that's freshly baked with a crunchy envelope and tender heart.
- Lebanese bread is as good as the one we know in Lebanon.
- Now for their selection of cakes. They were delicious. I enjoyed their adequately sweet cheesecake that crunches lightly with its biscuit bottom. The cheese used is tasty and rich in flavor and not gooey; while their Apple Crumble was also very good.
- A double espresso followed with a cafe crème, I enjoyed my start of day happily, especially that I would be enjoying the same experience for the next five days.
I totally recommended this hotel. It’s a good enough reason to stay at Phoenicia Grand Hotel in Romania.