Domain des Tourelles, the oldest commercial winery in Lebanon, is better known around town as the brand behind Arak Brun; the firm has been producing alcohol for the last 150 years.
Last week, I received a gift, a special one where a selection of fine wines wrapped in a carton box come with a complementary Riedel Wine Glass.
Here is the package:
- 2 Marquis des Beys Red 2011
- 2 Domaine des Tourelles Red 2012 and 1 Domaine des Tourelles White 2013
- Marquis des Beys red 2011: (Syrah, Cabernet-Sauvignon). Cherry, licorice, mint. Oaky, good texture, leaves a nice aftertaste. Parcels of Syrah and Cabernet-Sauvignon were especially selected to create this outstanding wine: a sheer pleasure. This blend is aged in French and American oak barrels. Its dark purple color is a true illustration of its depth. The very first taste reveals a cedar aroma, a gentle reminder that this premium wine is an illustrious ambassador of Lebanon. The palate exhales spicy aromas associated with the Lebanese “terroir” along with blueberry and licorice notes. Rich and structured, this “vin de garde” has a remarkable ending note. Best served with red meat and heavy cheese.
- Domaine des Tourelles red 2012: (Syrah, Cabernet-Sauvignon) Aged in concrete vats. Red berries, strong and acidic. This red wine is a noble blend of Syrah and Cabernet-Sauvignon. It has a ruby color with a beautiful vividness of sparkling reflections. The nose is marked by delicate scents of morello cherries. The mixture is sweet and subtle. The initial taste is fruity and the tannins are silky. A pleasurable wine that goes well with roast red meat and soft cheese.
- Domaine des Tourelles White 2013: (Viognier, Chardonnay, Muscat d'Alexandrie) Full bodied, fruity nose, goldfish color, interesting texture. A bit of an acidic aftertaste but great, even superb for an entry level. Flavorsome and full of flourishes. This white wine has brilliant limpidity and a magnificent golden color with green reflections. The nose reveals a bouquet of pineapple, litchi and jasmine aromas. This wine is mouth filling with its dry, intense and balanced body. The ending note is marvelous.
The packages are available for sale around town and at the Domaine des Tourelles boutique on Monot street, Achrafieh.
Categories: News Coffee, Wine & Drinks