CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
I was so excited to visit La Petite Maison. I’ve been to the one in Dubai which was an outstanding experience, so I couldn’t wait to try the Lebanese version.
The restaurant is located on a corner on the “carré d'Or” of high-end restaurants in downtown Beirut. Beautiful decor, high ceiling, and a charming terrace.
I got there at 1 pm with a couple of other tables arriving at the same time. The hostess was utterly lost, so I had to wait few minutes to be seated.
We had a very nice round table, I love round tables, in the middle of the place.
I was hyper, ready for a memorable experience.
The waiter was nice, asking few questions about our preferences and then the service issues started to follow one after the other.
- I ordered a bottle of Chablis; we received two glasses. When I asked for the bottle, she said: ah ok, we just opened it for you, so it’s the same.
- Seeing our shocked faces, she finally apologized for the misunderstanding.
- We didn’t have a bread plate, so the bread was placed on our main plate which was weird. We asked for bread plates since we were sharing appetizers.
- I was still reading the menu, while the waiter literally took it out of my hands!
- When the plates arrived, they passed them in front of us to place it on the other side of the table!
When the beef arrived, the runner waited, wholly lost before asking who ordered the beef. Then it took him few minutes of carefully looking at the two plates to decide which one was rare and which one was not!
I said I wanted it “saignant,” he said, “in English, please”!
Without counting the bumping on the chairs while serving the other tables!
Ok, you get the picture! The service at Roadsters or Crepaway is more delicate and attentive! Not what you would expect at a high-end restaurant.
So the experience was negative, you might think.
Well, it was not!
And this was thanks to the food.
Yes, the food was outstanding!
- The lentil salad, with the right juiciness, the buratta, one of the best I’ve ever had!
- The calamari, the filet, the pasta... everything was terrific.
- Well done chef, we can feel the professionalism pouring out of the kitchen!
I wish the service was at the same level to have a top experience, something I usually enjoy in neighboring restaurants.