CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
With a bar and a gourmet restaurant, Life is an affordable hotel located in the heart of the action, behind the Empire State Building and walking distance from Flatiron. Life proposes wide rooms, a super speedy complimentary internet connection, and a delicious breakfast. I’ve spent four nights at Life and I’ll consider coming again.
Even though my room didn’t have a view or at least a decent window to see the light outside, I enjoyed my stay. A relaxing bed, a bathroom with a strong water pressure and a lively lobby for a drink after a long day at work.
Breakfast is served at Henry every day until noon. Order at the bar, be seated and wait for your food to follow.
Dimmed lights, metallic tables and lots of leather, mirrors and old paintings, the place looks like an English pub. With jazz music playing in the background, I sat to enjoy the moment. Dark roasted richly aromatic coffee is served here.
Food can be described as simple yet very tasty! It’s when love is poured in every plate prepared.
- Indeed one of the best egg sandwiches in New York exactly the way it’s named. Very fluffy, the bun melts under the teeth. Inside is a fried egg covered with a slice of cheddar. Served very hot, the molten cheese and flowing egg yolk embraced by a warm buttered cheese... it’s so yummy!
- It’s unimaginable how an avocado on toast sandwich can surprise you. Simply avocados, that sandwich I never thought ordering is the best thing I’ve had for the last week. Thick crunchy toast topped with ripe avocados enhanced with a jalapeños vinaigrette and pumpkin seed oil. A sandwich of dreams, a moist bread with hard crunchy borders, a flavorful avocado, a spicy and tangy sauce, fresh greens; a magical combination!
- A blueberry muffin, soft and moist on the inside with crispy borders. The blueberry bits explode with their sweetness under the palate giving the light sweetness your body needs on an early morning.
I didn’t have enough! Went back to the bar for another order:
- The yogurt parfait served in a plastic cup is so good! I loved the yogurt quality and light acidity, the crunchy and sticky granola with macerated blueberries to add the needed sweetness.
- Two eggs, simply two sunny side-up eggs with fried potatoes and toasted bread; the simplest of plates tastes like magic! Thank you, chef, for making me feel the taste of love and passion. Perfectly cooked eggs with fried chunks of potatoes and a thick air-toasted bread loaded with air bubbles crumbling like chips.
Yummy things are found in unlikely places.
The details I liked:
- Best thing I admire is the 8mb Internet upload speed.
- You are offered a metallic water bottle for your exercises which you can refill on the second floor.
- How the word “LIFE” is used in a funny way across the room.
- The food.
- The bathtub.
- Room service is not as clean as it should be.
- Shampoo and amenities are not refilled.
A pleasant experience, it’s Life.