CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Crepaway Diner, Lebanon
Crepaway: The Next Best Thing
Crepaway: Craving Diner Food?
Crepaway's New Meat Free Items are Delicious
Crepaway: Kudos for Reinventing Yourself!
Crepaway: It is Called Crepaway for a Reason...
Crepaway's New Chicken Bagel Burger
Crepaway's New Menu Finally Out
In the Kitchen with Crepaway's Chefs
Lebanon's New Bagel: Crepaway's Hole Good Burger
Crepaway: Beirut City Centre on a Sunday-Is it Kids Friendly?
Crepaway Goes Off Course with a New Menu
Crepaway's New Menu: Casual, Exotic and Urban
Lebanon’s All-Time Favorite: The Famous Spiel Mozzarella Burger
Lunch with my Kids at Crepaway
For the World Cup, Crepaway is offering four new kinds of burgers. The tastes of the world, as I like to call them, are a selection of burgers each representing a country: Italy, Germany, Brazil and Spain. Here is a quick review so you know what to expect and can choose the one for you.
- The Italian: (pepperoni and sun-dried tomato cheese balls, lettuce, dill pickles and herbs cocktail sauce) yum. I loved it. The great tender Crepaway bun filled with balls of fried sundried tomato cheese, a tasty sauce, crunchy sweet pickles and the main item, a fine cheese-stuffed meat. Just good!
- The German: (fresh mushroom in black pepper sauce, fried onion rings, lettuce, dill pickles and mild mustard sauce) I liked it as a burger but would remove the dull pickles. Some ingredients in this burger don't go well together... Without mentioning those Crepaway pickles that are too Lebanese.
- The Brazilian: (fried egg, crunchy tortilla sticks, corn, lettuce, dill pickles, guacamole and piranha sauce). This is a very flavorful burger filled with many ingredients and textures combined. The egg, the crunch of the tortillas, the softness of the corn, the sweetness of the pickles, the juicy guacamole and the freshness of the lettuce make of this burger a complicated and enjoyable one. I personally liked the acidic feel and lemony strength, decorated with an interesting spiciness. Prepare yourself to taste something different from a simple burger.
- The Spanish: (loaded with cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, sweet relish, onion, tomato, lettuce, dill pickles and whole grain mustard sauce). A party of flavors that will take some time for your brain to understand. Sweetness, old French mustard, vegetables, cheddar cheese... That's a very good one. The only thing I'd change, and maybe some of you won't like, is the over-sweetness of the relish. I usually don't like my food too sweet.
- The burgers have an interesting meat stuffed with cheese that is not oily or fatty
- I love the bun, love the effort put into the creation of those burgers
- I still can't understand how those pickles are used. I always have issues with Crepaway's pickles, their saltiness and acidity don't fit with a burger or even a diner. They are too lebanese reminding me of falafel
- All 4 burgers are made with 100% Angus beef patties filled with melted cheese
- The meals are served with fries, coleslaw and Pepsi
- Available only for dine-in