CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Crepaway Diner, Lebanon
Crepaway: The Next Best Thing
Crepaway: Craving Diner Food?
Crepaway's New Meat Free Items are Delicious
Crepaway: Kudos for Reinventing Yourself!
Crepaway: It is Called Crepaway for a Reason...
Crepaway's New Chicken Bagel Burger
World Cup Burgers from Crepaway
In the Kitchen with Crepaway's Chefs
Lebanon's New Bagel: Crepaway's Hole Good Burger
Crepaway: Beirut City Centre on a Sunday-Is it Kids Friendly?
Crepaway Goes Off Course with a New Menu
Crepaway's New Menu: Casual, Exotic and Urban
Lebanon’s All-Time Favorite: The Famous Spiel Mozzarella Burger
Lunch with my Kids at Crepaway
Yes, finally, after long years of waiting, Crepaway has introduced a new menu. A menu that feels different and unique. A menu with a different standard than the usual diner food we know.
Invited to be among the first ones to try it, I couldn’t but notice the changes.
The main changes:
- The burger bun is new. What was a undecorated burger bun is now covered with poppy and sesame seeds. Same taste, different look
- The crepes are now rolled differently, beautifully presented in a catchy and funky way. This feels like fine dining
- Nutella. yes, Nutella has landed on the menu after years of waiting
- Remember the famous special edition bagel burger. It is now a permanent item on the menu
- Seaside club, the club sandwich introduced during fasting season, it is not permanently on the menu
- Cordon blue is back. Introduced in 1998, Crepaway invented the cheese stuffed patty, and it’s back
- The Rasta Pasta contains more greenery
- The Mexitalian pizza is back: Grilled chicken strips and fresh mushrooms on a special tomato and cheese sauce and topped with more cheddar, fresco and swirl of Cajun sauce
- The appetizer combo now has fried shrimp bites instead of calamari rings
New and innovative items:
- The Tex Burger: 100% Black Angus beef with fajita spices, onion and bell peppers, mixed with melted cheese, avocado, lettuce, tomato, jalapeños and Cajun sauce.
- Cordon Blues: 100% Angus beef filled with cheese, with extra cheddar, crispy bacon and onion rings, lettuce, tomato, mayo, ketchup and dijonnaise sauce
- Crunchy bites: Shrimps served with tartare and cocktail sauce.
- Chick Flick: The new chicken burger on the block with warm cheddar cheese, garlic and buffalo mayo sauces, with green leaves and pickles
- Hole good burger and Halo burger: Chicken and beef burgers in bagel buns.
- Quinoise: The quinoa nicoise salad
- Pastalocca: Penne pasta and rocket leaves tossed with pesto dressing, Parmesan chives and cherry tomatoes. Topped with grilled chicken strips, roasted pine seeds and served with basil sauce on the side.
- Tortzilla: Crispy chicken in crispy crust of tortilla
- Frida is a new crepe: Chicken breast, cheddar cheese, onion, green pepper, corn and Mexican spices with sour cream and guacamole
- Four new sweet crepes landed on the menu: Cannelle, Donutella, Valentine and Marion.
The desserts are extravagant:
- Melteaser, the chocolate crown: Layers of marbled ice cream and Maltesers chocolate, topped with caramel and hot chocolate sauce and sprinkled with croquant.
- Munchmalow: Baked cheesecake with chocolate custard and a melted marshmallow hat. Served with chocolate sauce and hazelnuts
- Cannelle: Caramelized apple scented with cinnamon over a cheesecake filling topped with caramel ice cream and sauce sprinkled with crumble and croquants.
- Savory crepes
- Sweet crepes
- Loved the Cordon Blues, its melted white cheese heart topped with yellow cheese alongside the crunch of the crispy bacon, the light onion rings, the crunchy, fresh vegetables and the load of balanced sauce. I fell in love with the quality of meat and the proportionality of the ingredients stuffed into this fine premium bun.
- I didn’t like the bagel burger this time. What was my favorite last time is now different. The bagel is chewy and unpleasant to chew or eat. I’m sure the provider will be changed before the official launch of the menu.
- The Tortzilla is extraordinary. Just imagine a large piece of white hearted chicken, juicy and tender, covered with a crunchy envelope of tortilla crust, all together sleeping on a bed of warm sauce including green peas, corn and carrots. That’s surely like nothing you’ve ever tasted before in your life. Two thumbs up for this order.
- The crunchy bites are oil-free, crunchy, like the name suggests, and full of taste
Now for the desserts… They are unique:
- I’ve had crepes before but never something like this. Cannelle is a fine dining, exceptional creation… A smooth crepe topped with a warm mix of baked apples on a bed of cream cheese with a fresh scent of cinnamon, caramel to add the sweetness and a crunch at the end to add finesse. Bravo, bravo, bravo… This creation left me amazed.
- The Melteaser is going to take the country by storm. That’s not an ice cream cake, but more of a Molotov cocktail. Just imagine a layer of cake topped with a creamy chocolate ice cream embracing Malteser balls and topped with caramel and chocolate sauce. It’s not my every day order for sure, especially with its overdose of sugar, but it’s a younger generation’s dream come true.
- The Munchmallow is also different from any dessert you’ve previously had around town. A warm, baked cheesecake, chocolate custard and a hat of melted marshmallows. Maybe a 1000 calories or more, but who cares. It’s awesome!
Here you are with an overview of the new menu which should be landing in the country by Wednesday. I will keep you updated with more news and stories about Crepaway while we visit the kitchen and discover the chef’s HOW TO DO IT tricks. See you soon.